NordVPN. The biggest honeypot VPN ever

Talk anything about anonymity
Cyber Arch

NordVPN. The biggest honeypot VPN ever

Postby Cyber Arch » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 am

At the end of the day, you gotta know what your VPN can do. Doesn't matter which mob you go with, VPNs will never be the real deal when it comes to privacy. The true blue purpose of a VPN is to hide your internet traffic from your internet provider or when you're using a dodgy network, like the wifi at the airport. In those cases, where other mobs can easily snoop on your traffic, VPNs will protect a bit of your web traffic. But if you ever wanna stay under the radar when connecting to a server, you should use some form of onion routing like TOR or i2p. Some reckon you should use tor and a VPN at the same time, but I'm not entirely sold on the idea. Yeah, a VPN will hide the fact that you're using tor from your internet provider. But that only adds a bit of plausible deniability if you don't already use tor for legit business.

Now, there's also this real controversial story that Proton VPN are literally joint FBI/CIA honeypots. Apparently, the Proton owner was previously accused of selling his users' data to the feds and other government mobs. And don't even get me started on NordVPN, the biggest honeypot of all the VPNs.

So what can we do?
For less than 20 bucks/month, you can always buy a decent VPS and set up Wireguard on it. Just make sure you choose a VPS provider that has unlimited traffic and connect your VPS over tor. You can also set up your own VPN, but it's a real mission and takes a lot of time and resources.

Return to “Discussions about anonymity”