Encrypt Everything ASAP

Cryptography
TheVikingsofDW

Encrypt Everything ASAP

Postby TheVikingsofDW » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:20 am

Hard Disk:
For encrypt your HD of PC, use BitLocker (only available in pro versions of Windows 10/11), FileVault (for Mac OS X 10.3+). It's important to note that cryptography analysts would be alerting if this encryption is broken; it's relevant follow social media, news, forums, etc. Of IT for stay alert.

Password:
Always, always, use a password for your laptop of at least +20 characters with numbers and special characters. (For both, local and admin accounts).

VeraCrypt:
Download VeraCrypt in their official page.
-Once downloaded, launch the program and "Create Volume", then follow the instructions step by step.
- You'll have an option to create a "Standard VeraCrypt Volume" or a "Hidden Veracrypt Volume".
Hidden Volume it's advisable to create this type of volume when encrypting your HD or any USB/MicroSD.
When you create a VeraCrypt container the entire thing is filled container with random data to it's capacity, in fact you're able to decrypt the first container and store some ass fake files in case the feds forced to supply your key and have your hidden container still encrypted.
- It's best to try VeraCrypt out first and encrypt a USB to ensure everything is functioning to your before save all diabolical files in the USB.

Which Encryption Algorithm is better? Select "AES" with "SHA-512" or "Whirlpool". Consider AES cuze is the only hardware-accelerated encryption algorithm in all modern processors, other algorithm will unnecessarily slow down your reading and writing speeds, also not provide other additional security layer.

As long as you're not using your home network or somehow crossed online identities leading them back to you, it's very difficult to track you. BUT DON´T OVERLOOK CRYPTOGRAPHY, ENCRYPT EVERYTHING ASAP.

DarkWebber469

Re: Encrypt Everything ASAP

Postby DarkWebber469 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:05 pm

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. I put it off many times. Thanks for the post and for reminding me.

Return to “Cryptography”